Sunday, January 8, 2012

DOES INTEREST NOT COUNT?? ECE VS PS.....


A strange thought struck my mind today, I mean tonight. Its 3 a.m. in the morning and I'm here typing this because I can't sleep. Yes, I have been suffering sleeping disorder for a month now.
Let me get to the point anyway, you see I study about how small the transistors are and how explicitly they are used in every technology piece.

I am here combining all these (even 1000 times smaller than human hair) transistors, theoritically for now though, to amplify the voltage gain, to filter out the noise, to store some data, to convert signals from one form to another, and the list can go on. I am here, writing strange computer programs to generate some crazy combinations of random numbers in order to provide privacy and the security to the technology user, like for ATM card.

Damn, Is this what I should be doing? There are millions of people all around the world who are experts in this field and I know that me studying this will not contribute anything to anyone, not even a invisible drop.
On the other hand there are things which me and only me can do in this world, making difference in the life of people who loves me and cares for me. Being there for them whenever they need me and at the least not give them  equal tension and worry about the exams that I have  to appear after studying all those  crazy stuffs.

Oh yes, I do have career aspirations but a simple one. I always wanted to do some further studies on how the houses and streets of developed countries are beautifully lite. Why these countries don't suffer power outages (0 outage I shoud say in Leuven, Belgium)? I wonder  how the electrical distributions are done? I mean, what kind of equipments do they use? The European countries and other developed countries in the world have very reliable and neat power supply network even though the city is crowded with people using  electric appliances for every imaginable thing. 

I know there are number of Bhutanese experts in this field, but our country can still have more. Unlike other countries  in our country, in summer southern part of the country suffer constant power outage mainly because of harsh weather. Like in my village, Gelephu, my parents have to live without electricity even for more than three weeks in hot summer. Likewise in winter, northern part suffers constant power outage due to overloading as I have seen in Thimphu. Are people in Thimphu using more electric appliances than those in cities of Europe?? I know there are good number of people who can answer this question in Bhutan, but still the problems persist. So I wanted to see if there is anything that I can contribute to help my country fight these problems.

All and all what I want to say is that I have had enough,  I will do my master once  and I am not going to waste  it over some transistors and ICs. They are awesome in their applications but not meant for me.

Thank you for reading this crap..

Kinley Zangmo

1 comment:

  1. hey you really got good thought.i presume that you have mismatch of ur interest and ur studies. sometime the life hurdles ur progress but all in all it gives u the strength to change and make a profound difference. it just the matter of short time dear..just live sumptuousness life over there...wishes for ur upcoming events.. tk.cre

    ReplyDelete