Sunday, December 25, 2011

The only son !


“That first instance I looked at you, Oh! -
I thanked to god for having you beautiful so!
When I first held you in m’arms--
Pledged I, to be the guard of all harms”

“The first smile you tossed upon me,
The proudest! Of all fathers, felt me”--
“Your first utterance “Pa” remained in m’heart,
I realized then, I had someone to stand by me!”(Says the father)

He nurtured you taller,
Shielded you to be the safest of all toddlers;
He kept you warm; whilst the rain drenched he--
Never had he complained; “for your deeds amiss”

For he hides his tears shed, though
Whilst you develop a saunter through vicious row!
He led you into ’tis world by your fingers held--
But you let him distant and not his wishes felt.

Sleepless were those nights, he spent through-
Only to heal your illnesses while you grew!
He starved hundredth times, tryn’ to give you the best--
The only son of he, noticed no food of his taste yet?

Gray days are today, - led for he,
Whilst bloom are your days and glee,-
Alone you set the days for you--
Awaits he uncertain for your late return too!

Written by:       Pārbati Rai , BPC
Complied by: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment