Friday, December 2, 2011

My Interview in BPC !

My interview in BPC was the first interview in my life, that i did  2 months after  i completed my engineering course. I always aimed to join in BPC because BPC is the organization which really deals with the technical works practically.where by fresh graduates like us gets hands on practice in field right after our theory based college learning . Bhutan Power Corporation was first formed in 1st July  2002 . It was separated from the former department of power not only to ensure that electricity is available to all citizens but also to make sure that it is reliable,adequate and above all within the means of all customers. Going through an interview is really difficult task because the panel of judges not only checks our subject knowledge but also they will see our personality, skills and have to be really good in communicating them.So during the BPC interview also there was 5 interviewers comprising of 2 ladies and three men. Every interviewer asked many questions but i will be referring them as just interviewers here after.

Interviewer : Tell me something about yourself , where you are from and where you studied ?
Myself  : My name is Pema Wangchuk. I am from Chukha ,  jabchho gewog. I have finished my plus two from punakha higher secondary school and did my Engineering from college of science and technology , kharbandi. During my study in college i did a project in distribution system since i am keenly interested in distribution system i took a case study of phuentsholing distribution system and succeeded in completing the project with joint effort of my group mates. I also did my job training in BPC, ESD to explore more on distribution systems.

Interviewer : Why did you applied for the post ?
Myself : Since one of the vacancy announced by your organization falls in distribution system i am very much interested to join in it and explore more about distribution system which i may have left unexplored or ignored during the completion of my project. More over i will also get a chance to work in practical if i join your organization.

Interviewer : Why are you interested to join in BPC ?
Myself : Since BPC is one of the largest corporation in Bhutan. I saw BPC is growing so fast not only in terms of employment opportunities but also it is growing in technology wise. It also have experienced and highly qualified employees which contribute a lot to the development of the country. I also would like to join and want to see myself growing with the company.

Interviewer : You have used a software in your project . Can you  tell us something about the software and why you used  it and for what ?
Myself :  This software is a very user friendly software. It is called PSS-ADEPT , developed by power technologist company for the engineers to design and analyze electrical distribution system. It also enables us to graphically create, edit and analyze power system models and diagrams. It has lots of functions like load flow analysis , short circuit analysis , protection coordination , harmonics studies and distribution reliability analysis (DRA). I mostly used the DRA function of this software since my project is on distribution systems and i used it for the calculation of reliability indices.

Interviewer : We don't use any software to calculate reliability indices , we do it manually . Can u please advice us that how will your software help us if we use it ? or it is ok with our present status ?
Myself : If you use the software i can say that it will be much easier for you in managing the reliability indices. once you have the network diagram drawn in the software then  you just have to give the fault data and the calculation of the indices will be easy and faster. If you use the software you can also plan and minimize the indices by identifying the poor zone and where to the placed the protective devices such that our system remains stable all time. 


Interviewer : After studying the phuentsholing distribution system what you have concluded ? Is the reliability good or bad ?
Myself : Sir from my opinion p/ling system has a good reliability since it has a SCADA system in placed and more than 60 % of the system consists of underground cable system thus the fault rate is very less and hence improving the reliability. but the remaining 40 % of the feeders consists of bare ACSR conductors which are really prone to lightning , storms and heavy rainfall. Since most of the causes of the faults are lightning and rainfall during summer season my team have recommended to use auto reclosers and shield wires  in this feeders so that the fault rate will be minimized. Reclosers should be placed in the middle of the feeder since it is the most appropriate place and lightning shield wire over the feeders.

Interviewer : What are your weakness and strengths ?
Myself :  My strength is that what ever i do i do it with full passion and determination. I am inclined to changes and i can move together with the changes of the organization system. I am dynamic. I lack exposure that is my weakness but during my college days we have lots of industrial tours inside and outside the country moreover i served as a class Councillor whereby i have to organize lots of college activities and deal with lots of personnel . Now i am almost confident that i had overcome my weakness.

Interviewer : Where do you see yourself after 10 years of time from now ?
Myself : I know that BPC have lots of experienced personnel so after 10 years of time i would see myself in such a post where by my seniors will appreciate my work and my juniors will respect my work. I see myself growing with the fast growing organization like BPC.


Interviewer : Ok you can leave .
Myself : Thank you sirs and madams.















4 comments:

  1. Nice interview tsagay...hope you remember that i was your project leader...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Among all those answers I like the answer to your weakness. 3 cheers man you did it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Pema
    Very Interesting. Thank you for the post.

    Keep posting mey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey ugyen thanks i did overcome my weakness man...

    ReplyDelete